We collect and process your personal information in accordance with all applicable data protection laws and regulations, including, without limitation, the Florida Privacy Protection Act (“SB 1864”) and the EU`s General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR").
Who are we?
Responsible for data processing on our site is:
Coral Springs, Florida, USA
E-mail: Dave @ BrowardBuzz.com
What personal information is processed?
Automatic Information Collection on this Site - Log files
We log your website visit. In doing so, we process:
- Name(s) of our accessed web site(s),
- date and time of the access,
- the amount of data transferred,
- the browser type and version,
- the operating system you use,
- the referrer URL (the previously visited web site),
- your IP address,
- the requesting provider.
The legal basis for data processing is our legitimate interest in the ongoing provision and security of our site. The log file is deleted after seven days, unless it is needed to prove or clarify specific legal violations that have become known within the retention period.
You cannot be personally identified from any of the information we collect. The use of the cookies we use is necessary in order to be able to provide the site and, moreover, to be able to optimize it on an ongoing basis. The data processing in this context is therefore based on our legitimate interest. Our legitimate interest is to provide visitors to our site with a functioning online service and to make visiting and using the site as pleasant and efficient as possible.
Analysis / Marketing
We use Google AdSense, a web advertising service provided by Google, Inc. Google AdSense uses so-called "DoubleClick DART Cookies" ("Cookies"). In addition, Google AdSense also uses so-called "web beacons" (small invisible graphics) to collect information, through the use of which simple actions such as user traffic on our online offer can be recorded, collected and evaluated. The information generated by the cookie and/or web beacon (including your IP address) about your visit to this website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
Google uses the information thus obtained to carry out an evaluation of user behavior with regard to the AdSense ads. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google AdSense will not be merged with other Google data. The information collected by Google may be transferred to third parties where required to do so by law, and/or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest.
Within our website, so-called "Facebook pixels" of the social network Facebook, which is operated by Meta Platforms Inc., are used. With the help of the Facebook pixel, it is possible for Facebook to determine the visitors to our offer as a target group for the display of advertisements, so-called "Facebook ads". Accordingly, we use the Facebook pixel to display the Facebook ads placed by us only to those Facebook users who have also shown an interest in our website. This means that with the help of the Facebook pixel we want to ensure that our Facebook ads correspond to the potential interest of the users and do not have a harassing effect. With the help of the Facebook pixel, we can also track the effectiveness of the Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes by seeing whether users were redirected to our website after clicking on a Facebook ad. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interest.
On our website, you can subscribe to our newsletter. In principle, our newsletter can only be received by the data subject if he or she registers for the newsletter mailing. For legal reasons, a confirmation email is sent to the email address entered by a data subject for the first time for the newsletter dispatch using the double opt-in procedure. This confirmation e-mail serves to verify whether the owner of the e-mail address as the data subject has authorized the receipt of the newsletter.
When registering for the newsletter, we also store the IP address of the device used by the data subject at the time of registration as well as the date and time of registration, which is assigned by the Internet service provider (ISP). The collection of this data is necessary in order to be able to trace the (possible) misuse of the e-mail address of a data subject at a later date and therefore serves our legal protection.
The personal information collected in the context of a registration for the newsletter is used exclusively for sending our newsletter. Furthermore, subscribers to the newsletter could be informed by e-mail if this is necessary for the operation of the newsletter service or a related registration, as could be the case in the event of changes to the newsletter offer or changes to the technical circumstances.
The processing of your e-mail address is thus based exclusively on your consent. You can revoke this consent at any time. An informal communication by e-mail to us is sufficient for this purpose. The legality of the data processing operations carried out until the revocation remains unaffected by the revocation.
Information you provide voluntarily to us
We collect and process:
personal information that you provide when you interact with the Site functionalities, for example,
- when you comment on a blog post or upload user-generated content on the Site;
- when you contact us; and
- when you subscribe to our e-mail newsletter.
This personal information may include your name, e-mail address, telephone number and anything else at you may provide. Within the blog you may be able to display certain personal information, share certain details, engage with others, exchange knowledge and insights, post and view relevant content. It’s your choice whether to include sensitive information on your comment and to make that sensitive information public. Please do not post or add personal information to your comment that you would not want to be available.
For what purposes are my personal information processed?
We collect and process your Personal information for the following purposes:
- to operate and manage the Site, including:
- to provide you with the services or functionalities that you request on the Site;
- to create your account and manage your subscription on the Site;
- to improve your browsing experience and ameliorate the Site;
- other purposes, for example:
- for fraud prevention purposes; and
- to comply with our obligations under applicable laws, regulations and Community legislation, and to assess and defend a legal right.
What are the legal bases for the processing of my personal information as described herein?
The processing of your personal information is necessary for performance of a contract with you or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you at your request;
The processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or our affiliates' or other third parties' legitimate interests, and such interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms;
Where your specific consent is required to the processing of your personal information as described above, your personal information will be processed based on such consent);
How long will my personal information be processed?
Personal information is not kept for longer than the time necessary to achieve the specific data processing purposes described herein, unless shorter or longer retention periods apply under applicable Laws.
Is my personal information safe?
We are committed to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal information. We take – and require that any service provider and/or third-party processor processing personal information on our behalf and on our instructions takes – appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent loss and destruction, even accidental, of data, unauthorized access to data, unlawful or unfair use of data. Moreover, information systems and software programs are configured so that personal and identification data are used only when necessary to achieve the specific processing purpose from time to time sought.
Moreover, for the transmission of some data through the Internet are deployed encryption techniques such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
However, please note that no electronic transmission or storage of information is 100% secure. Therefore, despite the security measures that we have put in place to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse, or alteration of data will never occur.
Where does my personal information go? Who are the recipients, where is it transferred and for what purposes?
Your personal information will be accessible within our organization by the internal and external personnel that need to access it because of their duties in relation to the processing purposes herein specified. We ensure that these persons are held by appropriate security and confidentiality duties.
Your personal information may also be shared with institutions, authorities, public entities, professionals, independent consultants, also in associate form, business partners or other legitimate recipients as permitted by applicable laws and regulations, for example in case of judicial processes, request by competent courts and authorities or other legal obligation, to protect and defend our rights and property and the Site.
Lastly, we may also communicate your personal information to third parties in case of mergers, acquisitions, transfers of any of our assets, products, websites or operations.
Except for the foregoing, personal information will not be shared with third parties, natural persons or legal entities, that are unrelated to, or that do not perform a business, professional or technical function for us.
Am I obliged to provide my personal information? What are the consequences if I refuse to provide them?
Except in relation to the surfing data, providing your personal information may be a requirement necessary to enter into or to perform a contract, including for the performance of certain services and functionalities offered by the Site, such as replying to and managing of request of information, questions, communication or feedback. In the above referenced circumstances, refusal to provide your personal information would make it impossible for us to perform the requested services or information as above specified.
What are my rights in relation to the processing of my personal information and how can I exercise them?
You are entitled at any moment to enforce the rights available to you, as a Florida Resident or Citizen, you may have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, the following information about the personal information we have collected about you during the past 12 months:
- the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information;
- the business or commercial purpose for which we have collected or sold the personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we have shared the personal information; and
- the categories of personal information about you that we have sold or disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom we sold or disclosed that information for a business purpose.
You also may have the right to request that we provide you with (1) a list of certain categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (2) the identity of those third parties. In addition, you have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you.
The following rights arise from the GDPR for you as a Citizen of the European Union:
- Pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR, you may request information about your personal information processed by me. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the categories of personal information, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by me, about a transfer to third countries or to international organizations, and about the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details.
- Pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, you can immediately request the correction of inaccurate or the completion of your personal information stored by me.
- Pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, you may request the erasure of your personal information stored by me, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
- Pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, you may request the restriction of the processing of your personal information if you dispute the accuracy of the data, the processing is unlawful, we no longer need the data, and you object to their erasure because you need them for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims. You also have the right under Article 18 of the GDPR if you have objected to the processing in accordance with Article 21 of the GDPR.
- Pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, you may request to receive your personal information that you have provided to me in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or you may request that it be transferred to another controller.
- Pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR, you may revoke your consent once given to me at any time. This has the consequence that we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent for the future.
- In accordance with Art. 77 GDPR, you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence, your place of work for this purpose.
- Right of objection. When your personal information is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, insofar as there are grounds for doing so that arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the case of direct advertising, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by me without specifying a particular situation.
If you wish to access such personal information or exercise any of the rights listed above, you should apply in writing, providing evidence of your identity to us.
Any communication from us in relation to your rights as detailed above will be provided free of charge. However, in case of requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of their repetitive character, we may charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or communication or taking the action requested; or refuse to act on the request.
Queries and Complaints
Any comments or queries on this policy should be directed to us using our contact form or email Dave @ BrowardBuzz.com.